Everyone wants to eat healthy and get in shape, but never seem to get around to it. There are always excuses when it comes to eating healthier and feeling better about yourself. Now is the time to put the excuses to an end and start making a real difference!
Some easy and healthy foods that are great for preparing and using for your meals are chicken breast, vegetables, nuts and seeds, and a dairy, such as yogurt or cottage cheese.
1. The first way to eat healthier is preparing lunches for the week on the Sunday before it starts so you’ll have prepared food for the whole week. This makes it easier for everyone, and especially for people who work or go to school, to have an easy and efficient meal already prepared for eating. This allows you to avoid quick, unhealthy food choices that you would usually choose if you do not have time to eat a real meal.
Meal prepping doesn’t have to be boring or routine. You can change recipes every week and incorporate all the healthy foods you prefer!
2. The second way to eat healthier is taking advantage of the less busy weekend mornings and make something healthy for yourself. To create a fun aspect to this activity, think of ways to make the meal pretty and organized.
This is a great way to put a little spice into your morning breakfast routine that will get you fouled and ready to conquer the day!
3. The third way to eat healthier is finding a more creative and fun way to make smoothies. Smoothies can become boring and repetitive once you figure out a routine, but switching up and the ingredients and style can make it more enjoyable to drink/eat. The smoothie bowl is a new trend that has become very popular.
These bowls are just an extra thick smoothie you can eat with a spoon! The ingredients for each bowl vary depending on your cravings and what kind of smoothie flavors you enjoy most.
4. Kick your sweet cravings to the curb with this healthy substitute for candy or baked goods. This discovery of apple “cookies” is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Start by taking out the core of the apple and slicing the apple into thin layers. Add a layer of peanut butter, organic if you’re looking to get even healthier, and top it off with some dark chocolate chips and nuts.
Creating fun ways to make healthy snacks will kick start your healthy choice making and lead you down the path to less junk food and a more positive mind set!
5. Who doesn’t love snacks? Snacks are an easy go to when you need a quick filler to hold you over until it’s time for the real meal. It’s time to spice up your snack game with a variety of 100 calorie ideas. A couple of these snack ideas are 2 slices of ham with 2 tablespoons of light whipped cream cheese, 1 ounce goat cheese and 1/2 cup sliced cucumber, and 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese and 1/4 cup blueberries. There are so many more combinations that are only 100 calories, which can be fun and enjoyable to create.
Now that you are more informed about some of the healthy and fun ideas that can be used for your eating routines on a daily basis, I hope you can start to feel better about the choices you make and feel refreshed about what you are putting into your body!