Almonds are extremely nutritional and contain monounsaturated fats and vitamin E, which lower cholesterol and reduce the risk for heart disease. They’re also delicious and addicting to eat! Almond milk is an amazing substitute for regular milk , such as 1% or 2%. Here are some easy, delicious recipes that use almond milk as a healthy substitute for regular milk.
No-Bake Maple Cookies
- 1 ripe banana, mashed well
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the mashed banana, almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup and salt. Heat over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Cook until the mixture thickens (if using a candy thermometer, the temperature should reach about 200 degrees F), about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the oats and vanilla extract.
- Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with waxed or parchment paper.
- Let cool to room temperature. Serve.
Lemond Almond Bread
For the bread:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose Gold Medal flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
3/4 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
For the lemon glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 tablespoons sliced almonds, for garnishing the loaf
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the flour mixture. Set aside.
3. In a separate medium bowl, combine the almond milk, oil, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, and almond extract.
Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 5oz container yogurt plain or vanilla
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- sprinkle of chocolate chips
Put peanut butter, yogurt, honey, banana, and almond milk in a blender. Blend until smooth. Divide among popsicle molds or paper cups. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips into each. Freeze for 1 1/2 hours. Add popsicle sticks. Freeze until solid, at least 6 hours. or overnight.
Enjoy these fun and easy recipes that look and taste delicious! Almonds are indeed yummy but gladly also healthy, which is a win win situation for all of us.