Hi guys! Do you ever struggle with how bland healthy foods can taste sometimes? Well I definitely do. It can be quite discouraging when you are trying to eat healthy, and you start making excuses of why it’s not worth the time. But wait! Today I am here to tell you and give you advice on how to spice up food and get your taste buds dancing with just one simple ingredient.
Lemons. Sour. Tangy. Yummy. HEALTHY. There are many health benefits of lemons along with giving your food flavor. Here is a list of the benefits you’ll find from eating/drinking lemons.
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C helps your body fight against infections like the flu and colds.
- Lemons are good for your liver. Lemon is a stimulant to the liver and is a dissolvent of uric acid and other poisons, like alcohol. Lemon water is a great detox the morning after!
- Lemons regulate bowels. I know that’s gross to here, but it helps to keep you feeling healthy and clean on a regular basis.
Aside from those wonderful benefits, here are some healthy foods that could use some spicing up! Some foods that go perfectly with lemons are listed below.
- Salmon. We all know salmon can be iffy sometimes. It can get dry and flakey, but with a yummy lemon glaze you can spice it right up! Mix some lemon juice with a yummy mustard or flavoring and the salmon will turn from bland to tasty.
- Roasted chicken. Chicken can get dry and chalky sometimes, but with a lemon rub mixed with peppers and seasoning, you won’t even be able to tell the dryness.
- Shrimp. To simmer down the fishy taste shrimp sometimes gives off, use a lemon and dill dressing to toss it in, which will give it some awesome flavors.
Try these easy to make seasonings and dressings to put on your healthy foods. You won’t regret it!